Texinfo problems with the manual

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Texinfo problems with the manual
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:27:43 +0200

Hello list,

I came across two problems when playing with the reference manual.

The first is the R5RS procedure index.  A few weeks ago I added all
R5RS procedures to this index, but later I found out that the @r5index
commands to not work with DVI output.  There is no index created, and
in the place where the @r5index commands are in the text (for example
address@hidden not'), `5index not' appears in the output.

It seems that TeX does not like the digit in the index name, therefore
I suggest to change the index name from `r5' to `rn'.  If nobody
objects, I will do that change.

The second problem is that entering a procedure name containing a
colon into an index does not work.  Emacs' info mode gets confused by
the colon and complains that it does not find a node.  That means that
procedures like `stat:size' cannot be in an index, unless someone
knows a way around that limitation.  I have not found anything about
that in the texinfo docs.

Maybe some Texinfo guru can help out?

Oh, and another question: What is the `Guile Extension Index' for?  I
think it is clear that everything *not* in the R5RS index is an
extension, no?  Maybe we should remove that index?

Regards,
  'martin