grub-devel

Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:23:51 -0700 (PDT)

Quoting Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko, who wrote the following on...:

On 26.10.2011 23:22, Seth Goldberg wrote:

  That's kinda the way I feel about boot-directory ;).  One cannot
protect users from themselves for everything ;).

Then you'll probably agree to rediscuss this issue after all
platform-specific files are moved into their subdirectories. Should take
care of the most of issue nicely.

 I think that addresses my personal issue, but maybe not for others
that want to put it in directory X not X/$platform.  Would you be
amenable to an additional override flag?  Like
--force-prefix=/real/path/to/modules_and_stuff?

prefix will be "X". Just on runtime it will add platform to it when

Sorry -- prefix is the wrong term. It is interesting that you're going beyond what I thought, though; I thought you were just going to do what grub-mkrescue did by creating the platform subdirs and putting grub.cfg in there that does platform-specific stuff then sources ../grub.cfg; I think that was a good approach, since you ended up with the generic entries in the ../grub.cfg file and platform-specific goodness in the platform dirs.

 --S