grub-devel

Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig

From: Keshav P R
Subject: Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 02:14:29 +0530

Hi all,
        As discussed in #grub irc, I think going the --boot-directory way as phcoder suggested will lead to unnecessary complexity. I would prefer directly mentioning the path to grub_prefix dir, as in case of uefi installs the prefix dir could be anything (/efi/grub, /efi/grub2, /efi/grub_custom, /efi/redhat, /efi/ubuntu etc.). Using --boot-directory in such a case also requires --bootloader-id etc. to be provided.
       Proper GRUB_PREFIX is required for video.lst and locale_dir setting in grub.cfg. The patch with --prefix option is at http://pastie.org/2763921 . Please give your views.

Regards.

Keshav