grub-devel

Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

  That's kinda the way I feel about boot-directory ;).  One cannot
protect users from themselves for everything ;).

Then you'll probably agree to rediscuss this issue after all
platform-specific files are moved into their subdirectories. Should take
care of the most of issue nicely.

I think that addresses my personal issue, but maybe not for others that want to put it in directory X not X/$platform. Would you be amenable to an additional override flag? Like --force-prefix=/real/path/to/modules_and_stuff?

 --S