grub-devel

Re: GRUB2 EFI and multiboot.mod for use with Xen

From: Søren Grønning Iversen
Subject: Re: GRUB2 EFI and multiboot.mod for use with Xen
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:55:15 +0100

I have existing well functioning Xen setups that I'd like to transfer to this Mac Pro, but the only bit that seems to block this move is the capabilities of GRUB2-EFI concerning multiboot functionality.

I'm very pleased with my experiences with Xen until now and I am much more at home with Xen at the moment so it never really struck me that I might very well look to KVM for this ... One thing that has definately caught my attention with KVM is Red Hat's emerging oVirt management interface. It seems to be a really slick Ruby on Rails based piece of work and I could see that do a lot of good for me in the future, but this is altogether a different story from the GRUB2-EFI starting point ;)

-Søren