grub-devel

GRUB2 EFI and multiboot.mod for use with Xen

From: Søren Grønning Iversen
Subject: GRUB2 EFI and multiboot.mod for use with Xen
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:54:16 +0100

 Hi everyone,

Has anybody had any success multibooting a bootia32.efi setup with Xen on a Mac Pro / Xserve?

I have a MacPro1,1 (dual processor dual core Xeon 2.0 GHz) booting nicely with bootia32.efi, but would really like to be able to experiment with having Xen on the same server, since I need to have at least 2-3 Linux installations running on that particular type of hardware and would much prefer using virtualization for this ...

I understand that there has been some issues concerning the multiboot module not being built when specifying ./configure --with-platform=efi .... -Is this history now?

It seems that Debian includes the multiboot.mod with the grub-efi-i386.deb, but exactly what modules does it depend on? -I have tried creating a GRUB2 image file with the multiboot.mod module included, but it never booted ...

Best regards,

Søren Grønning Iversen