grub-devel

Re: GRUB Faq

From: Bruce Dubbs
Subject: Re: GRUB Faq
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:50:21 -0600

Lapohos Tibor wrote:

To clarify, I was talking about the headings:

Building / Installation from Source Build Prerequisites Example

This is covered in the INSTALL file. I've submitted a new one, but it hasn't been committed.

In the meantime you can get most of what you need from:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/grub.html
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter08/grub.html

It covers the basics, but many distros add a lot of customization and automation that is not in the above links.

  -- Bruce