grub-devel

Re: Booting TrueCrypt Windows Hard Drive

From: Johannes Bauer
Subject: Re: Booting TrueCrypt Windows Hard Drive
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 13:16:42 +0100

Duboucher Thomas schrieb:

>       I suggest chainloading from bootmgr to Grub2, instead of the opposite.
> You should give a try and it's not difficult to do.

Actually, I'd rather not. The reason for this is that the Linux hard
drive is my productive drive and the Windows is only of secondary use
and rather dispensable. At any point in time I want to be able to
completely remove the Windows drive and have no impairment whatsoever to
my productive environment.

Also, I've just seen far too many fuckups with the crappy Windows boot
loader - I do not trust it at all. Thinking about booting my productive
environment through that junk gives me shivers.

I guess I'll keep try fiddling around.

Kind regards,
Johannes