grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:18:48 +0200

2009/10/8 Bean <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Michal Suchanek <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I tired the latest code and there is still some alignment issue.
>>
>> In graphics mode the top and bottom part of border is missing.
>>
>> The problem with zero width panels is fixed but a layout with a
>> "toolbar" does not really work for me.
>
> Hi,
>
> Some issue of the config:
>
> 1, Don't add the c suffix , now default unit is character, just use

It should be possible to use the c suffix even if it is the default.

> number. Also, if you set height/width directly, it should include the
> border size, so minimum value is 2 (for top and bottom rect).

Indeed, the width should include the border which is currently quite large.

> 2, You should use far position as you want to extend the widget at the
> far side (top).

This dependency is a problem. The rules for creating a working layout
are then complicated and hard to understand.

Also I have no idea why I should set position on the screen, it is
never positioned.

> 3, border_width only draws left/right border, to draw top/bottom
> border, you need to add border_height as well.

That's quite surprising. In other layout systems I have seen so far there is
 - border width (of all borders)
 - border top/left/bottom/right width (for particular borders,
sometimes not available)

It would be useful to have aliases for margin and padding so that
vertical./horizontal/all can be set in one assignment.

Thanks

Michal