grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 23:24:44 +0200

2009/10/4 Bean <address@hidden>:

>>> I think image is most flexible, who want ascii border in graphic mode

It should be possible to construct a menu usable in both text and
graphics without additional images.

>>> ? BTW, border in graphic mode doesn't necessary be full character
>>> size, so text may not draw properly anyway. About the single/double
>>> border, it's more suitable to config them using styles other that
>>> property.
>>
>> Can't one obtain an N pixel solid border by using a parent panel with
>> background = border color, and client panel just a few pixels smaller
>> using the margin-positioning directives?

Yes, that should be possible. I just expect that his would be a common
task so it would be nicer to have also inner spacing that adds space
inside the border without an additional panel.

>> This should give a border without needing a new set of commands, nor
>> image files.
>
> Hi,
>
> You can use border_width, border_height and border_color property to
> add a strip of solid color around a panel, no need to add another one.

You need another one to get a a space between the border and the panel content.

Thanks

Michal