grub-devel

Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 08:49:50 +0200

Hello, I had two clear oppositions which weren't resolved. I don't
believe that merge patches screwing up the pendin oppositions is a
good practice. The opposition about declaration is based on another
handlers how it is used accross grub. Opposition about calling
biosdisk is technically relevant. Or perhaps I should start committing
anything without discussion?
Here is a fix patch. Could I commit it even if there will be oppositions?

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 17:42 +0200, Javier Martín wrote:
>
>> OK, I have a good feeling about this version of the patch. Most
>> importantly, it still works!!
>
> I have committed your patch after a cleanup.  My changes were following:
>
> grub_drivemap_int13_handler_base and grub_drivemap_int13_handler have
> been merged.
>
> grub_drivemap_int13_oldhandler points directly to the ljmp argument
> (other GRUB sources do it too, jump look for 0xea).
>
> %si is not used anymore.
>
> Tabs are used consistently in drivemap_int13h.S
>
> Many variables have been renamed.
>
> Constants have been brought to the top level and marked as such.
>
> Logic in uninstall_int13_handler() has been fixed.

Which logic fix?
Other than variable rename it seems to be identical to Javier Martín's patch