grub-devel

Re: grub2 and fat efi files on latest Apples

From: James Jarvis
Subject: Re: grub2 and fat efi files on latest Apples
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 06:37:54 +0100

Good to hear it is not just me finding it useful - certainly handy for portable rescue media.

I take it there is no workaround (on Macs) for having a blessed hfsplus filesystem with a blessed grub.efi - that is, on removable media (usb/cd) for booting in efi mode (I know isolinux works fine in legacy boot mode).

James

Peter Cros wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the idea, here fat grub.efi tested ok on imac8,1 (64) and MacBook2,1 (32), using working grub32.efi and grub64.efi with their preloaded modules.

 ./fatglue.py grub2202f.efi grub2202-32.efi grub2202-64.efi

compile and fatglue were all done in OSX10.5.6.

Debian sid 2.6.29.1-amd64 boots for me on imac8,1 using

menuentry "sid amd64 fbdev sda9" {
fakebios
root=hd0,9
linux /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda9 video=efifb noefi
initrd /initrd.img
}