grub-devel

Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:03:48 -0400

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 08:49 +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> Hello, I had two clear oppositions which weren't resolved. I don't
> believe that merge patches screwing up the pendin oppositions is a
> good practice. The opposition about declaration is based on another
> handlers how it is used accross grub. Opposition about calling
> biosdisk is technically relevant. Or perhaps I should start committing
> anything without discussion?
> Here is a fix patch. Could I commit it even if there will be oppositions?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were opposed to the patch.  I assumed
that you just wanted to make some improvements.  Nobody was against the
drivemap command in principle.  The discussion was about minor details.

I'm fine with the change from "const void" to "const char", but we need
to remove a preceding comment about void labels.

As for the parse_biosdisk() change, I'd like to see an explanation.  I
understand you want to allow remapping invalid devices, and I'm fine
with that.  But then list_mappings() should be changed accordingly and
revparse_biosdisk() may need to be eliminated.

> > Logic in uninstall_int13_handler() has been fixed.
> >
> Which logic fix?
> Other than variable rename it seems to be identical to Javier Martín's patch

No, it was:

  if (grub_drivemap_int13_oldhandler != 0)
    return GRUB_ERR_NONE;

The code was refusing to uninstall the handler if it was installed.

I checked the logic by patching the chainloader code to return instead
of giving control to the bootsector.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin