grub-devel

Re: Fwd: memory probing

From: coly li
Subject: Re: Fwd: memory probing
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:37:34 +0800

alfred hitch:

It's not so easy to get the proper answer. it depends on your hardware. for I'm
not familiar with embedded enviornmnet, I can only give you some idea for x86
platform.

you should know your memory address space layouts. which range is for other
peripheral, which range is for real memory. different range use difference
detecting scheme. for the range of real memory, the simplest method is "write
and verify".

but, for I'm not a embedded programmer, I can't give you more information for
non-x86. FYI.

        coly li
address@hidden
          2005-05-10