grub-devel

Re: device syntax

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: device syntax
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:04:41 -0500

On Oct 20, 2004, at 3:58 AM, Marco Gerards wrote:

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

I was thinking about how GRUB specifies device paths using
"(device,partition)/path" syntax. That's a problem because Open
Firmware device paths can contain commas. The legal character list is
the alphanumerics plus ", . _ + -". My Mac's video card is named
"ATY,Rage128y", and I'm pretty sure I've seen disks with commas in
their names.

Does this problem occur for disks as well in practice?

On my briQ, the hda devalias is
"/address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden,0".

-Hollis