grub-devel

[patch] Widening terminal coordinates, and reading terminal size.

From: Timothy Baldwin
Subject: [patch] Widening terminal coordinates, and reading terminal size.
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 03:29:29 +0100

Here is a patch to widen terminal coordinates from grub_uint8_t to unsigned,
change grub_getxy to return values via pointers. I have also added
grub_getsizexy to read the terminal size. The PPC implementation is a dummy
function, an the PC version assumes a height of 25. Improvements would be
welcome.

2004-10-03  Timothy Baldwin  <address@hidden>

 * include/grub/term.h
 (grub_getsizexy, grub_term::grub_getsizexy): New prototypes.
 (grub_getxy, grub_term::grub_getxy): Returns via pointers to
 unsigned, instead of packed into a 16-bit value, all callers
 and implementations updated.
 (grub_gotoxy, grub_term::grub_gotoxy): Arguements are now unsigned.
 * term/i386/pc/console.c kern/i386/pc/startup.S
 include/grub/i386/pc/console.h (grub_console_getsizexy): New function
 * term/powerpc/ieee1275/ofconsole.c (grub_ofconsole_getsizexy): New function,
 needs implementing.
 * util/console.c (grub_ncurses_getsizexy): New function

--
Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP (UK), ANL, RESPECT, Leeds SA, Leeds Anti-war coalition
No to software patents!    No to DRM/EUCD - hands off our computers!