grub-devel

Re: [patch] Widening terminal coordinates, and reading terminal size.

From: Timothy Baldwin
Subject: Re: [patch] Widening terminal coordinates, and reading terminal size.
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 22:50:10 +0100

On Wednesday 06 Oct 2004 16:41, Marco Gerards wrote:

> How about getdimensions?  That is the term that is used in the Hurd.
Perfect.

> > Would it be better for grub_getxy and grub_getsizexy (or whatever it is
> > called) to handle the case of null pointers, rather than the terminal
> > drivers?
>
> The case of null pointers?  I think when you have a nullpointer this
> is a bug, no?

As it stands, when a result is not wanted, a null pointer may be passed and
will not be dereferneced. In light of you comments the feture will be
removed.

[snip]

> As above is very confusing.  In that case I would do:

I will change it.

--
Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP (UK), ANL, RESPECT, Leeds SA, Leeds Anti-war coalition
No to software patents!    No to DRM/EUCD - hands off our computers!