Re: Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom

From: Bento Borges Schirmer
Subject: Re: Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 19:06:09 -0300

Hey

> I can't remember if the groff mailing list allows small attachments or
not, so I'm trying to attach the mom source I used (in a .zip so the tabs
won't get modified) and the output pdf it produces to this email.

> Oh, and the slightly munged version of groff from git I was using was
1.22.4.196-1d2d-dirty.

> And here's the exact groff command I used and its output:
>
> groff -t -Tpdf -mom x.mom >x.pdf
> troff: x.mom:2: error: can't transparently output node at top level
> troff: x.mom:13: warning [p 1, 1.5i, div '3tbd2,0', 0.0i]: cannot adjust
line
> warning: file 'x.mom', around line 13:
>   table wider than line width
> warning: file 'x.mom', around line 8:
>   table squeezed horizontally to fit line length
>

> Can someone try and see if they can reproduce these results with the
current groff git source?

After downloading the latest version of mom from the linked page as
suggested, everything is working perfectly now! My tables are wrapping as
expected, I can reproduce the attached PDF with the attached mom source,
and I
can reproduce the last example from the tbl document!

Thank you very much T. Kurt Bond and Mike Bianchi for helping me.

Best regards,
Bento