Re: Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 10:46:07 -0500

I don't know what the intended appearance was supposed to be, but
this sort-of works;  substitute a tab-character for each  <TAB>   ...

        .TS
        expand;
        cb s s s
        c | c | c s
        ltiw(1i) | ltw(2i) | lp8 | lw(1.6i)p8.
        Some Interesting Places
        _
        Name<TAB>Description<TAB>Practical Information
        _
        T{
        American Museum of Natural History
        T}      T{
        The collections fill 11.5 acres (Michelin) or 25 acres (MTA)
        of exhibition halls on four floors.  There is a full-sized replica
        of a blue whale and the world's largest star sapphire (stolen in 1964).
        T}<TAB>Hours   10-5:45 S M Tu Th, 10-9 W Sat.  Sun.
        <TAB><TAB>Location<TAB>T{
        Central Park West & 79th St.
        T}
        <TAB>Admission<TAB>Donation: $1.00 asked
        <TAB>Subway<TAB>AA to 81st St.
        <TAB>Telephone<TAB>212-769-5100
        _
        .TE

The <TAB> characters used to delineate columns disappears in normal printing.

                                                                Mike

--
 Mike Bianchi
 Foveal Systems