groff git HEAD not building on macOS? (was: Long text in tbl won't wrap,

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: groff git HEAD not building on macOS? (was: Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 08:49:43 +1100

At 2021-02-05T14:26:33-0500, T. Kurt Bond wrote:
> and ran it with the slightly munged (but with nothing in mom changed)
> and several months out of date version of groff from git.  (it's out
> of date since it's been several months since making groff finished
> successfully.  I'm on macOS, and I *think* it's something in Xcode
> causing the problem.)

This is distressing news given that we have a release candidate out.
Does the 1.23.0.rc1 on alpha.gnu.org not build, either?

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/groff/

Is anyone else on this list using macOS?  Can you try a groff build?  If
there's a build failure on this platform I'd like to know about it.

Regards,
Branden