Re: [Groff] new automake system

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] new automake system
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:03:18 +0200 (CEST)

>> However, groff's original build system inconditionally installs
>> GXditview and GXditview-color in /usr/X11/lib/X11/app-defaults
>> (appresdir), no matter what prefix you put
>
> Bug!  IMVHO, that is.

No, it isn't.  In the old build system, the very last messages of the
`configure' script announce very loudly which `app-defaults' will be
used, and how the user can change that.

Contrary to many other packages, a `/usr/local/X11' hierarchy normally
doesn't exist, and only the `/usr/X11' tree gets checked for
configuration files.  Maybe this has changed recently, but I doubt it.

>> and I sticked to this behaviour.
>
> Seems an opportunity to fix it.

I don't object :-) However, *please* ensure that you do the right
thing, which might be not easy to achieve.