Re: [Groff] Installing Russian Type-1 Fonts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Installing Russian Type-1 Fonts
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 21:56:55 +0200 (CEST)

> Now that I have acquired more understanding, I don't have problems
> reading the manual.  But I had had a hard time before!

The standard documentation problem of developer vs. user...

>> Actually, it's the same object, containing a ref- erence to both
>> the input character and the corre- sponding output glyph.
>
> OK, but the reference to the input character is allowed to be
> 'null', then?

This is not possible.  How shall come a glyph-only object into
existence?  I don't count ligatures and similar things here since they
also need input characters to exist.

> But I also provided another example -- the one that disables
> hyphenation at a certain letter -- and it seems to be a bug or, at
> least, this behaviour or side effect is neither evident nor
> documented.

Well, yes, right.  I would call it a feature, since no real-world
documents are affected in any way.  Do you want to document it?