Re: [Groff] groff -mm output something I don't expect

From: Nick Stoughton
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff -mm output something I don't expect
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:30:02 -0800

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 19:38 -0500, Luke Huang wrote:
> Wow,  there were  so many  masters  of troff/groff  answering my  stupid
> question. Thanks a lot.
>
> You  are all  right,  ``mm'' macro  of  the newest  groff has  *NOTHING*
> wrong. However,  current version of evince  does its job  as well. After
> one  day's inverstigation,  I found  the problem  is caused  by  the old
> ``mmt'' macro shipped with OpenSolaris.

When I first saw your message, the first thing I thought of was those
cut-marks that where on the first version of DWB mm ... but then
discarded that thought as "those went away before Noah left the ark ...
can't be that!"

This is a feature of the original mm macro set, intended to show where
to cut a continuous sheet of paper into individual pages!