Re: [Groff] Changing font in ".FG"

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Changing font in ".FG"
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:54:44 -0400

Randall Allemang wrote:

I am a casual user of release 1.18 and would like to change the font in the figure title macro ".FG" . it is currently Times Roman and the normal font registers used by headings and other macros don't seem to have any effect. I have read through the pertinent sections of the MS and MM macros and also
looked through the TC and EQN references.

This must be in the -mm macros; it doesn't appear in -ms.

The easiest way to deal with this is probably to replace the FG macro; in -mm it's a one-liner. Add this to the beginning of your document:

        .ds Ff HB\" The font you want to use for printing the figure title
        .de FG
address@hidden fg Lf \\n+[lix*fg-nr] "\\f[\\*[Ff]\\$1\\fP" "\\$2" "\ \$3" "\\$4"
        ..

If you don't like Helvetica Bold, you can replace the Ff string with another font name.

You can also use the locale file to include modifications you want to apply to all your -mm documents. The default location is /usr/share/ groff/@VERSION@/tmac/mm/locale, where @VERSION@ is the version you're using.

Hope that helps,

        Larry