[Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals

From: Frank Jahnke
Subject: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:26:37 -0700

I have a paper set in groff, and I wish to submit it to a journal for
publication.  Their standard line is to submit in DOC or RTF formats;
needless to say, that is not helpful, particularly since it is full of
differential equations.

One option that I tried is to use the -Thtml flag to convert the output
to HTML, and see if I could import that into Word.  Unfortunately, I
lost all of the text delimited by .EQ and .EN, though the in-line
equations worked OK.  It also gave me a number of "divide by zero"
errors, even though the .ps and .pdf files are fine.

Suggestions on how I might correct that would be appreciated.  More
broadly, how have people dealt with collaborating with users who work
only in Word?  I am working on some heavy-duty math, and PDF (or ps) is
just not a very helpful form in which to make corrections.

Also, what experiences have others had submitting articles for
publication that were written in groff?  It undoubtedly depends on the
publication (the target for this one is "Electrophoresis", Wiley-VCH
Verlag publication).

Thanks!

Frank