Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:16:55 -0400

Frank Jahnke <address@hidden>:
> I have a paper set in groff, and I wish to submit it to a journal for
> publication.  Their standard line is to submit in DOC or RTF formats;
> needless to say, that is not helpful, particularly since it is full of
> differential equations.

The good news is that there is probably a solution for you.

The bad news is that it requires two pieces of software not yet released.

If you run the development version of my doclifter program with CVS groff,
you should be able to generate DocBook-XML with embedded MathML.  A program
like xmlto might then be able to map it to RDF.

I guess I'd better do a doclifter release.