Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:43:59 +0100 (CET)

> Groff can produce decent HTML, but you have to work with it.

You might try Eric's DocLifter for that.  Since it works on the
high-level side (this is, parsing the input file and not the
intermediate output) and can handle most of the standard macro
packages, chances are good that the HTML output is better than groff's
grohtml.

> I remember ESR saying he was working on a patch to eqn that would
> output MathML, but I have no clue whether there's any plug-ins or
> converters to get MathML into Word either.

MathML support has been added to eqn in the CVS.  It looks very nice
and seems to be complete -- the necessary changes were suprisingly
small!  Eric noted that the MathML structure is almost identical to
the internal representation of formulae within eqn.  He thinks that
this is more than a coincidence...

Tests are highly welcome.