Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:46:57 -0400

Joerg van den Hoff <address@hidden>:
> > If you run the development version of my doclifter program with CVS groff,
> > you should be able to generate DocBook-XML with embedded MathML.  A program
> > like xmlto might then be able to map it to RDF.
> excluding the equations, I presume?

Including them.  That's the point -- once you have a MathML-aware DocBook
toolchain, doclifter+groff will generate the MathML for you.

> > I guess I'd better do a doclifter release.
>
> it would really be nice to have this available soon. would you please notify
> this list when you have done so?

Yes, I will.  Matters are slightly complicated by the fact that I've just
changed distros and will probably have to change my release tools before
I can ship.

> your eqn2mathml filter works standalone, too?  i.e. why is CVS groff
> needed at all?

Because the eqn-to-MathML translation code I wrote is actually  a
back end glued to geqn's eqn parser.  It's only there in CVS.