[Groff] PS fonts with CC lines in AFM

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] PS fonts with CC lines in AFM
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:55:29 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner,

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

No.  For example, my AvantGarde-Book.afm file version 001.006
(directly from Adobe, I think) has this:

 StartComposites 56
 CC Aacute 2 ; PCC A 0 0 ; PCC acute 183 163 ;

Are there Courier/Helvetica/Times versions with CC lines?

Yes.  All files have `CC' lines.

Can you check the actual font files (pfb/pfa) for
presence of glyphs described in CC lines?
For if the real composed glyphs are not there,
characters with both C and CC lines are not to be included
into charset section of groff font file and afmtodit has to be
fixed in this respect.

              Sincerely, Michail