[Groff] Re: preconv autoconfigury

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: preconv autoconfigury
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:48:33 +0100 (CET)

> > > The different include file name (relocatable.h versus
> > > relocate.h) forced me to make a groff-local modification to the
> > > localcharset.c file coming from gnulib.
> >
> > Hmm, any suggestions how to improve that?
>
> If you were to rename relocate.h to relocatable.h, the rest could be
> done through -DENABLE_RELOCATABLE=1 -Drelocate=relocatep in
> EXTRA_CFLAGS in src/libs/libgroff/Makefile.sub.

This is possible, of course, but I'm not completely happy with this
solution.  What do you think of providing a dummy relocatable.h file
in the groff tree which simply includes relocate.h and which sets
those preprocessor macros?

BTW, it seems to me that localcharset.c in gnulib is not the latest
version of this file -- the differences to the file you've sent to me
are deeper than just the adaption to groff.

Kees, Keith, may I ask you to have a look at gnulib's `relocate'
implementation (in file progreloc.c)?  Maybe this file can be merged
with the groff version (in case gnulib's version is missing something
needed especially for groff) so that we have a canonical source in
gnulib.  Since you've invested a lot of time to make it work with
groff I want to hear your opinions.

  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnulib