[Groff] Re: preconv autoconfigury

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: preconv autoconfigury
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:43:38 +0100 (CET)

> Here's a little bit of advice on the autoconf stuff for preconv.

Thanks a lot!  I've applied your patch as-is.

> - For nl_langinfo(CODESET), there is a macro AM_LANGINFO_CODESET
>   in gnulib. One file:
>     m4/codeset.m4
>   Alternatively, you can also use the gnulib module 'localcharset',
>   which does the same thing in a more portable way.  I.e., it solves
>   the portability problems to FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, MacOS X,
>   Solaris 7, Woe32, VMS and others.

This is probably better, given that Keith and others have invested a
lot of time to make groff run with Win32.  In case you have time: Can
you provide a patch?  Note that groff comes with a `relocate'
implementation of its own which has been inspired partly by gnulib's
version.