[Groff] folding preconv into soelim?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] folding preconv into soelim?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:58:50 +0100 (CET)

After some thinking I now believe that it is better to fold the
preconv preprocessor into soelim.  The reasons are obvious: Any `.so'
request should be handled by preconv too -- the alternative is to make
soelim call preconv, but I have the feeling that this is a bad idea,
given the many hassles with pipes on non-Unix platforms.

I further believe that the `.mso' request should *not* be involved in
encoding conversion issues.

Comments?