Re: [Groff] character garble

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] character garble
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 08:22:49 +0200 (CEST)

>        For the `man' program, it may be necessary to add the `-R'
>        option
>
> This is not a valid option for OpenBSD man, nor from a brief read
> through of the manual, does a appear comprobable option appear.

Ah, yes, there are two competing `man' projects.  Which one are you
using?  I'm quite sure that you can get the same effect with probably
other means.  In case you find it out please report it to the list so
I can update the docs.

>      o If the environment variable GROFF_NO_SGR is set, SGR output is
>        disabled, reverting to the old behaviour.
>
> nor does this.

Hmm, strange.  This *must* work since it directly affects grotty.  Are
you sure that your man program doesn't use a hard-coded groff version?
Is it really using 1.19.2?