Re: [Groff] character garble

From: D. E. Evans
Subject: Re: [Groff] character garble
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:52:14 -0600 (MDT)

   Since you are upgrading from 1.15 to 1.19.2, reading the README would
   have helped:

My bad.  I had overlooked the relevance of that passage by
rushing through the README too fast.

       Note that you have to use the `-R' option of `less' to make SGR
       escapes display correctly.  On the other hand, terminal programs

This works with 'man groff | less -R'

       For the `man' program, it may be necessary to add the `-R' option

This is not a valid option for OpenBSD man, nor from a brief read
through of the manual, does a appear comprobable option appear.

       of `less' to the $PAGER environment variable; alternatively, you

This doens't appear to work

     o If the environment variable GROFF_NO_SGR is set, SGR output is
       disabled, reverting to the old behaviour.

nor does this.

Is there some configuration for OpenBSD where I can automate this
so that it doesn't have to be typed, with a pipe through less, at
the command line?