Re: [Groff] status of pdfmark macros

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] status of pdfmark macros
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:50:53 +0000

Hi Werner,

> IMNO your package is so useful that it should be immediately added
> to groff, regardless whether it is complete or not.

I'd be happy to see it added, just as soon as you think it appropriate,
(which would seem to be now) -- having it available in the CVS should
also make it easier to update in future, as it develops.

I will create an up to date tarball, and forward it to you separately,
since Heinz has reported problems with my latest patches; (the full
tarball will bounce, due to its size, if I try to post it directly to
the list).

The tarball will unpack into ./contrib/pdfmark; to integrate it into
groff, I presume a makefile.sub will be required, with a hook in the
top level makefile, and the pdfmake implementation will require some
minor rework, to make it relocatable to any installed location which
is specified by configure.  I will be incommunicado for the remainder
of this week, but should be able to make a start on this next week
-- unless someone else would like to have a go beforehand.

Cheers,
Keith.