Re: [Groff] documentation makefile broken

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] documentation makefile broken
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:45:41 +0100

Hi Werner,

> > It so happens that pnmtopng requires access to X11's rgb.txt color
> > aliases file.  I have removed X from this box last weekend and that
> > broke image generation!
>
> If your assumption is correct (please check the source!) I ask you to
> write a bug report to the netpbm team.  Such a dependency must not
> exist.

I think netpbm insists the file exists, possibly pointed to by the
RGBDEF environment variable, iff the PNM file is using textual colour
names.  Is it?  Has groff put them there and could it use hex values
instead, e.g. for black and white.  That's my brief reading of the
source.

netpbm's maintainer has been very helpful in the past so I'd too
recommend the OP contact him.

Cheers,

Ralph.