Re: [Groff] documentation makefile broken

From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] documentation makefile broken
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:24:39 -0500

At 05:03 21/07/2003, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> I think netpbm insists the file exists, possibly pointed to by the
> RGBDEF environment variable, iff the PNM file is using textual colour
> names.  Is it?  Has groff put them there and could it use hex values
> instead, e.g. for black and white.  That's my brief reading of the
> source.

Aah, yes.  In pre-html.cpp, there is the macro TRANSPARENT which uses
`white'.  It should be replaced with `rgb:f/f/f'.  Alexandro, can you
test whether this fixes the problem?

I just tested it; changing the macro TRANSPARENT and moving rgb.txt out of the way. It works great. If you don't feed it color names, pnmtopng doesn't complain nor fails.

Alejo