Re: [Groff] documentation makefile broken

From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] documentation makefile broken
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:52:44 -0500

At 10:24 a.m. 14/07/2003, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> I just managed to finish compiling the docs with the fix and noticed
> that grohtml image generation is broken in cygwin, again.

Hmm, somebody out here who can fix this?  I don't use cygwin...

I tracked the problem and found the fix.

It so happens that pnmtopng requires access to X11's rgb.txt color aliases file. I have removed X from this box last weekend and that broke image generation!

I didn't associate the fact that I had installed X a while back with grohtml image generation having fixed itself spontaneously, I thought it was a change in CVS, those listings scroll too darn fast sometimes :).

Soo. The fix for cygwin's problem is as follows:

a.  Install X11, or

b. At least install /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt; it can be obtained from XFree86's CVS server somewhere. I used the one included with vim, found as well in its CVS server in the runtime directory...).