Re: [Groff] ME 2c

From: Christian Jensen
Subject: Re: [Groff] ME 2c
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 12:29:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Daniele Furlan wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:56:48AM +0100, Christian Jensen wrote:
> >

> Ok, I send ALL requests in sequence without text: if you enter
> a 200 lines of text after place marked with ### and then run groff -me
> you see, I hope, the problem. I use groff 1.17.2 on FreeBSD.
>
> Here me requests as in original file (obtained with grep):
>
> ============================ BEGIN ======================
> .nh
> .po 1.5c
> .ll 18c
> .ps 10
> .vs 12
> .nr pi 2n
> .nr qi 2n
> .nr ps 0.2v
> .nr fs 0v
> .nr fi 1n
> .he ''''
> .m1 -4v
> .m2 -2v
> .\".m3 -2v
> .m4 -4v
  ^^^^^^^

This is where it goes wrong. I am no expert, but maybe you have reduced
the distance to the bottom of the page too much, so that a trap is sprung
too early. Maybe someone with more troff expertise can help?

Anyway, modify your .mX statements a little and all seems to go right.

Christian Jensen