Re: [Groff] ME 2c

From: Daniele Furlan
Subject: Re: [Groff] ME 2c
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 01:55:55 +0100

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 12:29:07PM +0100, Christian Jensen wrote:

> > .m1 -4v
> > .m2 -2v
> > .\".m3 -2v
> > .m4 -4v
>   ^^^^^^^
>
> This is where it goes wrong. I am no expert, but maybe you have reduced
> the distance to the bottom of the page too much, so that a trap is sprung
> too early. Maybe someone with more troff expertise can help?
>
> Anyway, modify your .mX statements a little and all seems to go right.

Smack! :-) You're right!

With .m4 = -3v it works! Anyway...

Anyway something strange happens: if I choose m4 = -3v
everything is ok for every value of m3 (-Nv ... -2v -1v default
or positive) but if I choose m4 = -2v or -1v groff has a fatal
error for every negative value of m3 tested (-2v -1v) but not
for default or positive values. Error is this one:

:159: fatal error: input stack limit exceeded (probable infinite loop)

For m4 = -4v you already know that it starts a new column on a
new page after second page...

--
     Bye.

 jbuss at Kaosmic Net                *** FreeBSD & Red addict ***