Re: [Groff] UTP document translation, bloatware, and MS Offfice

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP document translation, bloatware, and MS Offfice
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:36:28 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Loken" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 2:37 PM
Subject: [Groff] UTP ducoment translation, bloatware, and MS Offfice

> I am reading the strangest things on this list today and I will cite them
> out of context and without credit,
>
> "[re: mm docs] if you MS Office see..."

The OP asked for an online resource where he could learn mm without having
to resort to the man page (scantier in meat on the bones than most man pages
I have read) and that I believe to have given him to the best of my
knowledge. It so happens that most publishers *require* authors to submit
their electronic copy in MS Word these days, and those files are the
original author copy for the text processing chapters in the book I
mentioned in that particular message. Evidently, to read such documents you
need MS Word, OpenOffice, or whatever. If you know of other means to read an
MS Word document that doesn't involve the already mentioned applications,
please enlighten us all.

As well, I would appreciate if you can provide alternative resources to
fulfill the needs of the OP; I for one would love to have electronic copies
of the original mm manuals from Bell Labs.