Re: [Groff] Re: Grog fails to guess mm document

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Grog fails to guess mm document
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:28:43 +0100

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:46:08PM +0200, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> Bernd Warken <address@hidden> wrote:
> BW> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:03:59PM +0200, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> >> I have groff 1.17.2-15 installed.
> >>
> BW> Please switch to the actual groff developer version.  grog has been
> BW> worked on.  Maybe it could do now.  groffer will need the actual groff
> BW> anyway.
>
> Well, I feel uneasy about installing as important a package as
> groff from source. I think I'll just wait for the Debian
> maintainer to include a recent enough version in unstable.

If you want to play with a recent package, try
http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/groff-experimental/; the most recent
package there has a manufactured version number of
1.17.999-cvs20020620-2.

However, grog there suffers from the "awk: line 7: regular expression
compile failed (missing '(')" bug - I think that was fixed recently in
CVS, but I can't check right now.

> The version there is currently 1.17.2-17 which probably wouldn't help
> me (?)

No, it wouldn't.

--
Colin Watson                                  address@hidden