[Groff] Re: Grog fails to guess mm document

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: [Groff] Re: Grog fails to guess mm document
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:41:45 +0200

Bernd Warken <address@hidden> wrote:

BW> There isn't any problem about installing a second groff.  You install
BW> your own version into /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/share, etc.  while the
BW> distribution goes to /usr/bin and /usr/share.  Compiling and installing
BW> your own groff does not inflict any parts of your distribution - and
BW> it's very easy.

BW> - Extract the groff tar archive or copy your CVS sandbox tree to some
BW> directory, e.g. to /usr/local/src/groff.
BW> - Change to this directory.
BW> - Call the shell command `./configure' (ignore all messages).
BW> - Call `make'.
BW> - As user `root' call `make install'.

BW> That's all.

I usually use the encap package management system for things
like this -- but only for not-too-important packages so I hope
a cvs development version of groff won't break anything. But
I'll try it as soon as cvs/ftp is back in action.

Regards,

Morten

--
"So little time, so little to do." (Oscar Levant)