Re: [Groff] groff_ms.man

From: Stewart C. Russell
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff_ms.man
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:36:53 +0000

Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> Requiring texinfo cuts your number of
> possible documentation contributors given your troff audience.

what I'd really like to see -- and am unlikely to in my lifetime -- are
pidgin subsets of docbook/texinfo/man that are strictly interchangeable.

Still, it probably wouldn't work for me; most of my documents are
written as plain text, whapped through txt2html*, proof-corrected, then
loaded into whatever application the user wants. It's like a cut-down
version of POD... ;-)

 Stewart

*: one of *the* most handy little tools I've ever seen. We have gobs of
old book supplements written as plain text which we needed to format in
Quark and FM. With txt2html, a few lines of perl, Tidy and Jade, we have
it as nice clean RTF -- complete with all the hand-tabbed tables intact.

--
Stewart C. Russell              Senior Analyst Programmer
address@hidden  Collins Dictionaries