Re: [Groff] groff_ms.man

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff_ms.man
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:17:10 +0100 (CET)

> > Sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about?  What kind of
> > exception do you have in mind?
>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.  I mean an exception to `documentation
> shall be written in texinfo'.

I want both.  Man pages should give short but concise information,
texinfo should document everything in great detail, and tutorials
using the particular groff macro package should show how to apply it.

The most striking argument for texinfo is its searching and indexing
mechanisms using the `info' program.  Native groff formats don't
provide both at the same time.