Re: [Groff] groff_ms.man

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff_ms.man
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:24:51 -0500

"P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Larry has rewritten groff_ms.man.  It is now in the CVS.  Enjoy!

> got around to grab a copy. There is no mention of the .XP macro -- so useful
> for bibliographic citations, nor the composite-glyph accent macros
> (including the differences when using the .MA definitions).

Are those new commands? I don't remember seeing it in the documents
I pulled together. Oh well, I'll check out the source code & see what
else I'm missing....

> And... What about a list of the out-of-the-box accents and symbols and how
> to type them? Something like a groff_symbols.7 man page. (I might be willing
> to write it myself, notice the use of non-commital future tense).

That should also be added to groff.texinfo -- I think there's a
placeholder section for it, but it hasn't been written yet.

For that matter, all *roffs are missing a definition for the
ellipses (...) -- I sent a further groff_ms.man patch to Werner
that contains a definition:

        .ie |\*(.T|ps| .char \(el \fS\N'188'
        .el .char \(el .\|.\|.\&

Only the PostScript S (Symbol) fonts have it defined. Seeing
how it's used in the Synopsis of most manpages, it really ought
to be more readily available.

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Strange that people always suggest commercial systems when the