Re: [Groff] groff_ms.man

From: Stewart C. Russell
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff_ms.man
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:08:21 +0000

"(Ted Harding)" wrote:

> On the other hand, there are good practical arguments
> for adopting PDF as the standard for documentation.

I know many people who are RABIDLY against PDF, as it is a proprietary
file format. (One of my favourite magazines, AdBusters, gets a lot of
stick for using PDF for its spoof advertisements). These same folks
usually bemoan the lack of a free PDF viewer -- which gives away that
they're using a proprietary OS straight away.

> I don't know the
> technical details required to pass a PDFMark through
> intact.

dvi special commands. They bear a remarkable resemblance to groff's own
PS specials.

 Stewart