Re: [Groff] still exploring the last version: what is gremlin ?

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] still exploring the last version: what is gremlin ?
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

Werner LEMBERG writes:

> How does it slow down?  This wasn't my change, BTW, I've taken it from
> the HP-UX port (the link you've given in one of your recent mails),
> and according to the various man pages, using ConnectionNumber() seems
> the right thing to do to be portable.  Can someone comment this
> please?

In X11R6 at least (I no longer have X11R5 online), ConnectionNumber is
defined as a macro in X11/Xlib.h that expands to essentially the same
code, so it's hard to imagine it causing any slow down unless someone
neglected to #include X11/Xlib.h.

-Larry Jones

Hello, local Navy recruitment office?  Yes, this is an emergency... -- Calvin