Re: [Groff] still exploring the last version: what is gremlin ?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] still exploring the last version: what is gremlin ?
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 15:30:50 +0200 (CEST)

> I found xgremlin-2.0 in
> ftp://boss.cae.wisc.edu/hpux/X11/Drawing/xgremlin-2.0
>
> Incidentally, I think that this version might solve an X problem
> that Werner observed with his Linux system (which I didn't with my
> NetBSD box) with an older version of the program. I just compiled
> this one and it also works fine. Good luck.

Lucky guy!  This version doesn't compile out of the box.

I still have the same problem -- instead of text, only black boxes are
shown in the text subwindow.  My knowledge of X11 is too limited to
fix that :-( It has probably something to do with the transition from
X11R4 -> X11R6.  Any help appreciated.

I've put an xgremlin2 version to ftp.ffii.org:/pub/groff which compiles
just fine on my Linux box.