Re: [Groff] still exploring the last version: what is gremlin ?

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] still exploring the last version: what is gremlin ?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:58:05 -0700 (PDT)

>Brest, le dimanche 1er octobre
Looks good and probably sounds good in French!

>after having used an old version of groff for a while, I just downloaded the
>last one. I discovered 'grn'. What exactly is the 'gremlin' format ? What is it
>good for ? Do I need extra tool to make gremlin files ? I have 'grn' but not
>gremlin(1). Where can I download it ? What is the purpose of this program ?

Grn is a graphical interface to *roff, like pic.  The good thing
is that you don't have to type the commands. You can generate
graphically the files with gremlin that is very much like "Fig".
There are a couple of versions of gremlin around, both for X.  If
you're doing your own drawings, it's more flexible than including
postscript files, you can put equations in your drawings, a
significant enhancement.  Can't remember where, but you may find
them with archie or some search engine. If you don't, I'll dig
around to give you more precise directions.

Shana tova!

Dan